The Summer Hits - Beaches and Canyons CD



Thanks to a reader comment, I learned about this hard-to-find 16-song compilation of The Summer Hits 1992-96 output, released on Christmas Records in ~1996. Rad California-style Beach-Boys-on-Shrooms indie rock by a band that was Further, then splintered off into Beechwood Sparks, The Tyde, etc. I found a sleeveless copy for $3 at CD BBQ and am sharing it with you, so get your Dig! on! Hope you can make out the manifesto on the CD.

Sample mp3: The Summer Hits - Preference
Full download: http://www.zshare.net/download/138451990cecf6f6/

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

3 bucks! This is impossible to get. Thanks so much for posting.

DJs Starfox & Chipwich said...

None of the summer hits links work anymore! You probably had to take them down, is there any chance you could email (arieldiliberto@gmail.com) me some of the zip files directly? I really want to get my hands on at least a few of their tracks! thanks!

Unknown said...

I have to agree with DJs Ariel, Frances and Kelly. The link does not work anymore.
If you can please email a copy to twobittokyo@gmail.com

Unknown said...

please update the link! i'm fiending for this album.